Final Election Day December 13
Some words from our candidates:
I should be the Director of the education committee because I am highly motivated and am eager to educate both atheists and theists alike. I was raised by a father that was extremely active in community service organizations and want to see LA grow into an organization that atheists can rely on to help them with whatever they may need. I believe the single best way to make our world a better place is to educate, and would be honored to be chosen for this position.
Here are the reasons why I believe I would make a good Director of Education for Lincoln Atheists.
(1) I am a very strong atheist who is out of the closet. I believe that it is time for us atheists to make our voices clearly heard.
(2) I see myself very clearly as an educator and love fulfilling that role.
(3) I am an avid learner. My favorite books are nonfiction ones dealing with scientific and philosophical topics. My go-to subjects, however, have to do with how we humans best learn and the psychology of good judgement, decision making, and belief formation.
(4) I am very good at research.
(5) Bettering myself in all things is extremely important to me, so I don’t take criticism harshly.
(6) My open and warm personality means that I try very hard, (and quite usually succeed), at getting along with people.
When I joined LA approximately three years ago I hoped to find people who were openly atheist. Which is what I found but now that we have incorporated, LA is becoming much more. We are beginning to find ways to serve in Lincoln, to support freedoms and rights and form alliances with like minded groups. I would like to support LA’s continuing growth and change into a dynamic free thought, humanist, atheist group by serving on the board as secretary.
When I graduated from college a year ago I wanted to do something to be more active in the Atheist community and when the opportunity to be on the Board for Lincoln Atheists came up I was eager to be a part of it. I love breaking down the stereotypes that surround Atheists by doing good works and making things a more fair society. Being Secretary of Lincoln Atheists is an honor and a privilege that I would like to continue doing.